Salary: Starting at £25,000 per year
Monday – Friday
Time: 9am – 5pm
SMarter Recruitment are recruiting for an Accountant for our well established accountancy practice with offices based in Stoke-on-Trent and Biddulph.
For over 80 Years the firm has provided an unparalleled and personalised accounting services to a broad range of clients across Staffordshire and South Cheshire.
Exceptional customer relationships are at the centre of the firm’s services and culture and their aim is to establish successful, long term partnerships with their clients.
The services offered by the accountancy firm include:
Accounts and Audit, Tax Filing, Payroll, Auto Enrolment, VAT, Bookkeeping, and Business support services
The Accountant role is a perfect opportunity for a qualified/part qualified Accountant (AAT/ACCA/ACA) that is looking for long term security in a well established accountancy from and progression opportunities as the company continues to grow. The Salary is negotiable dependent on experience from a minimum salary of £25,000 per year.
Duties and requirements:
- Preparing sole traders, partnerships and Limited Companies accounts unsupervised.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Producing self-assessment tax returns
- VAT returns
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of clients
- Assisting with the development of the business
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns (is not essential as this can be taught as the candidate progresses)
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- 3 Years previous experience in a firm of practice accountants is necessary.
- Able to produce a set of accounts unsupervised
- Able to complete self-assessment tax returns
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or ACA/ACCA Finalist
- Expertise in Corporation Tax, Limited Companies, Tax, Accounts preparation
- Knowledge of accounting packages (Excel, Xero, Sage, Quick Books etc)
- Extensive experience working in a client facing role
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Being a team player with great communication skills and a desire to be the best and ambitions to progress within an accountancy firm
- Our client can only consider individuals who do not require sponsorship to work within the UK.
- A Full UK Driving License
- Living in Stoke-On-Trent and use of own car
- Friendly, punctual, presentable and polite.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy office within a team and individually
- A positive attitude.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Progression opportunities
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
As a market leading Accountancy practice the business provides training opportunities and career development opportunities through internal and accredited training provision. Opportunity to train and advance as the business has the ACCA Approved Training Provider status.
Apply by email with your CV to email@example.com