SMarter Recruitment Services
SMarter Recruitment Services are currently working with our client in the Fenton area to find experienced 7.5 Tonne Drivers for new roles being offered. Our client are a leading supplier of white goods nationwide, providing curbside drops to customers.
The role will require you to be physically fit due to products being handled, as well as competence in driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle, with flexibility to have nights away dependent on the area you are required to cover. Additional pay is provided for each day you are out as well as nights out. If you show commitment to the role, a permanent placement will be granted at the end of the 12 week period.
The normal salary is £10.50 per hour, with an additional £13.40 paid for each day you do, and an additional £25.00 for each night you stay out. The role will require you to report to the depot for 6am, with the weekly rota consisting of Monday and Tuesday (with night out), a local run on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday (with night out), and returning Friday evening.
Roles and responsibilities will include…
– Loading and unloading white goods, delivering to customers on the curbside
– Driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle to various locations, including towns and cities
– Good time management and awareness of time constraints and proposed delivery times
– Speaking with customers and receiving signatures for delivered goods
– Using a tail lift to enable you to unload goods safely
– Reporting to the transport coordinator back at the depot to keep them informed
– Providing a professional level of service while building rapport with regular customers
– Manual handling of goods, meaning some heavy lifting
If you have experience and wish to know more about the role, please get in touch with the SMarter Recruitment Services team on 01782 717766 or apply with your CV below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.