Insurance Claims Handler
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: Up to £21,000 per year
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Usual office Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
SMarter Recruitment are currently recruiting Product Insurance Claims Handlers for our Award Winning International client based in Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent. The role has an immediate start pending a successful interview and notice period.
Office hours are between 8:30am – 5:30pm
SMarter Recruitment are looking for individuals who share our passion for supporting customers.
Customers will be calling to discuss their product Insurance claims (ranging from Commercial & office equipment, vehicle, devices including bikes, cameras, mobile phones, sports equipment and musical instruments and many other Insurance products)
You will be the first point of telephone contact for the customers. Therefore; great communication is vital, and also experience of providing a professional and customer focused service.
- Communicating internally and externally with customers and colleagues in a corporate office environment
- Providing updates to customers as required
- Composing professional correspondence as required (Letter and emails)
- Ensuring regulatory compliance is adhered to at all times
- Setting up new claims, and updating existing claims on various internal systems
- Appointing contractors and engineers and more
- Liaising with members of the claims handling team and other colleagues within the business (including some diary management)
- Issuing settlement payments
- Being a valuable member of the team with strong team ethic
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong communication style (written and verbal)
- An ability to handle inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Strong clerical skills (Word, Excel and more)
- Strong numeracy, literacy, and IT skills
- Be a Creative thinker and have ability to use your own initiative
We are looking for candidates with transferable skills, and people who are looking for a career with progression opportunities.
We offer various benefits including:
- 28 days holiday including Bank holidays
- Free parking
- Life Assurance
- Access to training and professional accredited qualifications
- Innovation incentives
- Fast track progression opportunities
An award winning and innovative company who specialise in helping customers receive a better quality of service. They are adding acquisitions to the business portfolio meaning you’ll be joining a company in an exciting period of National and International growth.
The company offers a welcoming, relaxed corporate working environment where you would be working as part of a large , friendly team.
This is an opportunity to join one of the largest Insurance companies in the region with opportunities for progression within the International organisation.
Please apply with your CV.
Salary: Up to £18,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote Interviewing (Teams, Zoom)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
- Insurance Knowledge: preferred; not essential
- Inbound / Outbound customer services : 1 year (essential)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.